Navigating a Changing Climate is a multi-stakeholder coalition of nine associations with interests in waterborne transport infrastructure.
The Partners comprise:
- Resilience Rising
- International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH)
- Smart Freight Centre (SFC)
- European Dredging Association (EuDA)
- European Sea Ports Organisation (ESPO)
- Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology (IMarEST)
- Inland Waterways International (IWI)
Through an unprecedented collaboration, the partners in PIANC’s Navigating a Changing Climate Partnership have committed to work together to support the inland and maritime navigation infrastructure sector as they respond to climate change.
By furthering understanding, providing targeted technical support, and building capacity, the partnership will encourage the owners, operators and users of waterborne transport infrastructure to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and shift to low carbon maritime and inland navigation infrastructure
- Act urgently to strengthen resilience and improve preparedness to adapt to the changing climate